Monday, November 8, 2010

Adventures in Reading: "The Age of Innocence" by Edith Wharton

I received this book as a very thoughtful gift, and was excited to start reading it right away. And I was not disappointed!

Edith Wharton has crafted a story of love and longing that keeps the reader engaged on every page. The story never drags, the characters are well developed and believable, the tension is well-crafted and the end is satisfying. And on top of all that, it was a fairly quick read! Honestly, I think this is a great example of what a novel should be.

So, if you're looking for a good book, "The Age of Innocence" might be just the thing.


Oh, and PS: I wrote 2,034 words today. My most successful day so far! I'm still a bit behind pace, but if I can keep this momentum going this week, I might just be able to catch up!

No comments: